ctbirds@lists.ctbirding.org

For discussing birds and birding in Connecticut

View all threads

Bauer Farm rarity

CI
Chuck Imbergamo
Thu, Sep 17, 2026 2:40 PM

In case you didn't see it on the GroupMe Rare Bird Alert...

This morning I found a LARK SPARROW at Bauer Farm in Madison.

The bird was originally in one of the mowed aisles in the community gardens, and moved to other mowed aisles several times.  It likes to stay on the open short grass, which was just mowed the other day - mostly on the west side of the gardens.  I relocated it at least five times, giving others a chance to see it, and it is likely still around.  I'll post a link to my eBird report with photos later.

Chuck Imbergamo
CT Birds Moderator
Madison

In case you didn't see it on the GroupMe Rare Bird Alert... This morning I found a LARK SPARROW at Bauer Farm in Madison. The bird was originally in one of the mowed aisles in the community gardens, and moved to other mowed aisles several times. It likes to stay on the open short grass, which was just mowed the other day - mostly on the west side of the gardens. I relocated it at least five times, giving others a chance to see it, and it is likely still around. I'll post a link to my eBird report with photos later. Chuck Imbergamo CT Birds Moderator Madison
I
imbercj (at) comcast.net
Thu, Sep 17, 2026 11:33 PM

I just added photos of the Lark Sparrow to my checklist.  Enjoy.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S393675516

Chuck Imbergamo
CT Birds Moderator
Madison


From: Chuck Imbergamo via CTBirds ctbirds@lists.ctbirding.org
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2026 10:40 AM
To: ctbirds@lists.ctbirding.org ctbirds@lists.ctbirding.org
Subject: [CT Birds] Bauer Farm rarity

In case you didn't see it on the GroupMe Rare Bird Alert...

This morning I found a LARK SPARROW at Bauer Farm in Madison.

The bird was originally in one of the mowed aisles in the community gardens, and moved to other mowed aisles several times.  It likes to stay on the open short grass, which was just mowed the other day - mostly on the west side of the gardens.  I relocated it at least five times, giving others a chance to see it, and it is likely still around.  I'll post a link to my eBird report with photos later.

Chuck Imbergamo
CT Birds Moderator
Madison

To subscribe or unsubscribe via email, send an email with just "join" or "leave" in the subject or body to: ctbirds-request@lists.ctbirding.org

CTBirds, a service of Connecticut Ornithological Association - Bringing birders together statewide. Please support COA: https://www.ctbirding.org/join-us/

CTBirds is for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut. For list rules and subscription information visit: https://www.ctbirding.org/birds-birding/ct-birds-email-list/

I just added photos of the Lark Sparrow to my checklist. Enjoy. https://ebird.org/checklist/S393675516 Chuck Imbergamo CT Birds Moderator Madison ________________________________ From: Chuck Imbergamo via CTBirds <ctbirds@lists.ctbirding.org> Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2026 10:40 AM To: ctbirds@lists.ctbirding.org <ctbirds@lists.ctbirding.org> Subject: [CT Birds] Bauer Farm rarity In case you didn't see it on the GroupMe Rare Bird Alert... This morning I found a LARK SPARROW at Bauer Farm in Madison. The bird was originally in one of the mowed aisles in the community gardens, and moved to other mowed aisles several times. It likes to stay on the open short grass, which was just mowed the other day - mostly on the west side of the gardens. I relocated it at least five times, giving others a chance to see it, and it is likely still around. I'll post a link to my eBird report with photos later. Chuck Imbergamo CT Birds Moderator Madison To subscribe or unsubscribe via email, send an email with just "join" or "leave" in the subject or body to: ctbirds-request@lists.ctbirding.org CTBirds, a service of Connecticut Ornithological Association - Bringing birders together statewide. Please support COA: https://www.ctbirding.org/join-us/ CTBirds is for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut. For list rules and subscription information visit: https://www.ctbirding.org/birds-birding/ct-birds-email-list/