ctbirds@lists.ctbirding.org

For discussing birds and birding in Connecticut

View all threads

Fish crow nesting?

NP
Nichols Photography
Wed, May 19, 2021 9:18 PM

Do Fish Crows nest in Ct? I just saw a Fish Crow carry a big stick up into a tree at hammonasset beach and looked into the tree and can clearly see a nest.

Monica Nichols
Madison

Sent from my iPhone

Do Fish Crows nest in Ct? I just saw a Fish Crow carry a big stick up into a tree at hammonasset beach and looked into the tree and can clearly see a nest. Monica Nichols Madison Sent from my iPhone
CC
Christina Cole
Wed, May 19, 2021 9:26 PM

I have some pictures of them doing that last week of cedar island trail. I was wondering where it was going. They’ve been hanging out in the marsh a lot

Christina Cole

On May 19, 2021, at 5:18 PM, Nichols Photography manichols1993@gmail.com wrote:

Do Fish Crows nest in Ct? I just saw a Fish Crow carry a big stick up into a tree at hammonasset beach and looked into the tree and can clearly see a nest.

Monica Nichols
Madison

Sent from my iPhone

I have some pictures of them doing that last week of cedar island trail. I was wondering where it was going. They’ve been hanging out in the marsh a lot Christina Cole > On May 19, 2021, at 5:18 PM, Nichols Photography <manichols1993@gmail.com> wrote: > > Do Fish Crows nest in Ct? I just saw a Fish Crow carry a big stick up into a tree at hammonasset beach and looked into the tree and can clearly see a nest. > > Monica Nichols > Madison > > Sent from my iPhone > > CTBirds, a service of Connecticut Ornithological Association - Bringing birders together statewide. Please support COA: https://www.ctbirding.org/join-us/ > CTBirds is for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut. For list rules and subscription information visit: https://www.ctbirding.org/birds-birding/ct-birds-email-list/
ashippee
Wed, May 19, 2021 9:28 PM

Was this about 30 yards from the parking lot near the Willard's Island entrance?  In maybe a Norway Maple in the field among the tables?  I saw what I think was a Fish Crow (the call was just what the Peterson Guide has — an AMCR can't imitate a FICR that well, right?) bringing in twigs into the tree, & I saw a bit of a nest up there.
(Almost tried attaching the photo of the bottom of the nest....)
Arthur ShippeeHamden, CT.
On Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 5:18:13 PM EDT, Nichols Photography manichols1993@gmail.com wrote:

Do Fish Crows nest in Ct? I just saw a Fish Crow carry a big stick up into a tree at hammonasset beach and looked into the tree and can clearly see a nest.

Monica Nichols
Madison

Sent from my iPhone

Was this about 30 yards from the parking lot near the Willard's Island entrance?  In maybe a Norway Maple in the field among the tables?  I saw what I think was a Fish Crow (the call was just what the Peterson Guide has — an AMCR can't imitate a FICR that well, right?) bringing in twigs into the tree, & I saw a bit of a nest up there. (Almost tried attaching the photo of the bottom of the nest....) Arthur ShippeeHamden, CT. On Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 5:18:13 PM EDT, Nichols Photography <manichols1993@gmail.com> wrote: Do Fish Crows nest in Ct? I just saw a Fish Crow carry a big stick up into a tree at hammonasset beach and looked into the tree and can clearly see a nest. Monica Nichols Madison Sent from my iPhone CTBirds, a service of Connecticut Ornithological Association - Bringing birders together statewide. Please support COA: https://www.ctbirding.org/join-us/ CTBirds is for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut. For list rules and subscription information visit: https://www.ctbirding.org/birds-birding/ct-birds-email-list/
DP
David Provencher
Wed, May 19, 2021 9:43 PM

Yes Fish Crows do nest in CT.

Dave Provencher
Preston

On Wed, May 19, 2021, 5:18 PM Nichols Photography manichols1993@gmail.com
wrote:

Do Fish Crows nest in Ct? I just saw a Fish Crow carry a big stick up into
a tree at hammonasset beach and looked into the tree and can clearly see a
nest.

Monica Nichols
Madison

Sent from my iPhone

CTBirds, a service of Connecticut Ornithological Association - Bringing
birders together statewide. Please support COA:
https://www.ctbirding.org/join-us/
CTBirds is for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut. For
list rules and subscription information visit:
https://www.ctbirding.org/birds-birding/ct-birds-email-list/

Yes Fish Crows do nest in CT. Dave Provencher Preston On Wed, May 19, 2021, 5:18 PM Nichols Photography <manichols1993@gmail.com> wrote: > Do Fish Crows nest in Ct? I just saw a Fish Crow carry a big stick up into > a tree at hammonasset beach and looked into the tree and can clearly see a > nest. > > Monica Nichols > Madison > > Sent from my iPhone > > CTBirds, a service of Connecticut Ornithological Association - Bringing > birders together statewide. Please support COA: > https://www.ctbirding.org/join-us/ > CTBirds is for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut. For > list rules and subscription information visit: > https://www.ctbirding.org/birds-birding/ct-birds-email-list/ >
AD
Angela Dimmitt
Thu, May 20, 2021 12:43 AM

Fish Crows have been nesting at Sunny Valley Farm Preserve in New Milford for several years - I have watched them.  There is a goodly population now.
Angela Dimmitt
New Milford

Fish Crows have been nesting at Sunny Valley Farm Preserve in New Milford for several years - I have watched them.  There is a goodly population now.   Angela Dimmitt New Milford -----Original Message----- From: David Provencher <hikerbirder1@gmail.com> Cc: Ct Birds <ctbirds@lists.ctbirding.org> Sent: Wed, May 19, 2021 5:43 pm Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Fish crow nesting? Yes Fish Crows do nest in CT. Dave Provencher Preston On Wed, May 19, 2021, 5:18 PM Nichols Photography <manichols1993@gmail.com> wrote: > Do Fish Crows nest in Ct? I just saw a Fish Crow carry a big stick up into > a tree at hammonasset beach and looked into the tree and can clearly see a > nest. > > Monica Nichols > Madison > > Sent from my iPhone > > CTBirds, a service of Connecticut Ornithological Association - Bringing > birders together statewide. Please support COA: > https://www.ctbirding.org/join-us/ > CTBirds is for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut. For > list rules and subscription information visit: > https://www.ctbirding.org/birds-birding/ct-birds-email-list/ > CTBirds, a service of Connecticut Ornithological Association - Bringing birders together statewide. Please support COA: https://www.ctbirding.org/join-us/ CTBirds is for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut. For list rules and subscription information visit: https://www.ctbirding.org/birds-birding/ct-birds-email-list/